First things first: A special shout-out to Albert and Danny of Outer Planes Comics & Games for making the reading and book signing of “Son of Ravage” a huge success. We sold a lot of books and ran out entirely of our exclusive line of Tanktop tee-shits. To all of my family and friends who showed up to offer moral support, my heartfelt love and appreciation. I couldn’t have done it without you. Now, as Aaron Montes is so fond of saying, "onto the next one!" Stay tuned!
A few more reviews of “Son of Ravage” are straggling in.
“You know that feeling when your strapped into the front seat of a rollercoaster about to go over the edge? That’s how Son of Ravage begins. A thrill ride that doesn’t hold back… Full of laughs, references, and cliffhangers - this crazy and witty story was hard to put down.”
“From page one I was hooked! It's just a great read and I hope there are more!”
“I loved the book so much! I've been a Doc Savage fan for 45 years and this is the best pastiche I've read. The pure Pulp Mayhem of the plotline was something to behold!”
Keep spreading the word. “Son of Ravage” is the comedy/adventure read of the summer.
Speaking of special reads, a very grateful thank you to Pacia Linde and her guest blog last week. It received lot of great comments and I can’t wait to see what she’s planning for us next.
Good news, Ravagers! Another run of Tanktop tee-shirts are on their way! The cost is $20.00 plus shipping and handling. As soon as I have them available, I will get the information up. I do want to stress, supplies, as well as sizes, will be extremely limited. Shirts are available in Small, Med, Large and X Large only. Hang in there, I will keep you posted.
We need to start getting our little comic/adventure opus in libraries. The process is easy. Just visit your local library website and click on “suggest a title.” Most websites have this feature. Usually, there is a short form to fill out. It’s as easy as that. Once you’ve accomplished this monumental feat, send me a note and I’ll post our victory for all to see!
Another great way to order “Son of Ravage” is from your neighborhood, independent bookstore. Not sure who and where it is? Allow me. Go to indiebound.org and type in “Son of Ravage”. The book will appear and to the right will be a box for your zip code. Type in those five little magical numbers and a list of close, discerning bookstores will appear. Click on the store and fill your cart with our delightful little opus. Why should Amazon have all the fun? Right?
But if you want a collector’s Tanktop tee-shirt, you’ll still have to go through me. And speaking of awesome tees, the summer Tanktop tee-shirt extravaganza giveaway is up and running. You’ll need to fill out a comment on this here website. The contest runs all summer so what are you waiting for? What happens on jplinde.com, stays on jplinde.com. Good luck!
A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. In the coming weeks, I will be announcing a very special guest interview to jplinde.com. Don’t want to give too much away, so I will drop a hint:
“When I'm in office it's going to be just like the 80's. The top 10% will get richer and the other 90% can immigrate to Mexico where they can get a better life.”
Got it? Some of you just might. For the others, I will drop another clue next week. Stay tuned!
Finally, Happy Father’s Day to Rock Ravage and all of the fathers, fictional or otherwise. I hope you are having a great day with friends and family. It’s a little late now, but “Son of Ravage” would have made a great gift. Oh well, there is always next year.
In 1981, J.P. Linde co-wrote and appeared in a one-man comedy show titled “Casually Insane.” Shortly after, he joined the ranks of stand-up comedy and performed in clubs and colleges throughout the United States and Canada. In 1989, he made his national television debut on “Showtime’s Comedy Club Network.” He wrote the libretto for the musical comedy “Wild Space A Go Go” and co-wrote and co-produced the feature motion picture, “Axe to Grind.” “Son of Ravage” is his second novel.